|My pattern when I saved it from the UFO pile. Notice the tear from balling up and throwing.|
I've toyed with picking the pattern up a couple of times since then but obviously I just let it sit. When it was chosen for Sew Colette 2.0 I was pleased for the kick in the butt to finish it and went in feeling I would have a year of sewing/fitting under my belt and a fresh outlook. I made a muslin, and it was a bit of a baggy mess...again. I adjusted it by taking in the side seams, the back center seam and I felt that did a sufficient job of taking care of the fit. Plus, I was already getting stressed out about the whole challenge all over again.
|Muslin...looks good except for the HUGE GAPING BACK!|
On a side note, sorry for these heavily tweaked photos. I was losing light fast and I'm afraid all the pictures came out pretty washed out looking.
Now I take a break momentarily from sewing clothes for myself to sewing costumes for my children. I have my oldest daughter's costume in the works and I still have the rest of my little ones to attend to.